
I love getting to see more of this diverse and beautiful country. I spent the past week in
Bretagne (Brittany) in northwestern France, a region replete with Celtic influences and contagious regional patriotism. The family rented a house a few kilometers from the beach in a quaint Breton community called Saint-Jean-Trolimon. Our week was a relaxed suspension from bustling Parisian life consisting of several trips to the lusciously soft-sanded beach, numerous competitive games of Monopoly and Uno, and a healthy dose of tourism and exploration.


We traveled to Pointe du Raz, the westernmost tip of France, rented a little motorboat to cruise around in the Atlantic, and took a trip to the breathtaking fortified city, Vannes.


One day, I went for a long run to the beach, wearing myself out just enough for a refreshing little nap with my ipod on that cool, silky sand before turning back. If that route were here in Le Perray, I would run constantly and love it.

Leaving the tranquility of Brittany wasn't easy, but it's great to be back here and in touch with everyone once again!
My friends and I celebrated Janelle's birthday at our cafe today. We've definitely established a more comfortable and fun rapport with our waiters, and to prove it, Lassie gave us our drinks on the house! As it turns out, New Guy speaks some English, so we're becoming friends with him, and of course Old Guy is always happy to see us and chat. Even Alex has been more palsy as of late! We love our cafe.

Countdowns:
Milan: 4 days
23rd Birthday: 21 days
Home: 80 days
Bisous!
1 comment:
Adriana,
It is great to "see" you having so much fun in France. I know you will always cherish this time!!
However, remember life can always be this exciting!! One of my favorite quotes is "Life is like a piano...What you get out of it depiends on how you play it!!
You go girl!!! :)
Love,
Aunt Barbara :)
Post a Comment