Time is capricious - a constant that distorts itself whimsically, leaving me to view my remaining time in France through beer goggles. We had to say goodbye to Helena today, and I haven't fully accepted that the end is near or that she isn't returning. This is the beginning of the goodbyes, the first change to which I'll have to readjust, only to be confronted by more changes and farewells until my experience here evolves into an entirely different one as it comes to a close. 
My everyday life here is changing, and while I leave in just under four weeks, my French class will finish, my close friends will leave, my au pair duties will evolve as the end of the school year (and my time here) approaches. May I have my rose-colored glasses back?
This past weekend, Helena, Janelle, and I headed to Versailles to saunter through the gardens while the music and fountains were turned on.
Though I'd been to Versailles a few times before, this was my first visit to the labyrinthine gardens, and Helena had never even been to the city of Versailles before (Janelle and I are all-too-well-acquainted with the city after our countless Prefecture visits). I'm getting excited for my return to the world of dance in a few weeks! I predict that extensive measures will be needed to whip my muscles back into dancing shape, but I'm excited for the challenge! As I begin to imagine lesson plans and various combinations for my classes this summer, I realize how much work there is to be done. Ha, to think I used to be able to push my body to do what I wanted! Hoping that I can get there again... in time :) I'm definitely stoked! I can't believe I'll soon be re-creating a life in the States. It will likely be a difficult one, but I'm really looking forward to this next adventure! Look out, world.
2 comments:
Yeah! Adri=Dance!!
Too bad that you'll miss the summer workshop-Jessi left Fl. this morning to attend. She won the "most dedicated" award at her recital last night and probably wore it to Kingsport on the plane.
Post a Comment