Jen Dice rang the doorbell on Thursday afternoon to begin an effortlessly fun weekend visiting me. She smoothly assimilated into my lifestyle here and enjoyed the Paris area. It was so nice to spend time together!
Friday, Jen came with me and some of my friends to a cafe breakfast before our French class. My friends and I are essentially regulars at Le Celtique in Rambouillet, so I'm glad Jen got to come along and see where we spend a good deal of our meal time and money. Ha. While I was in class, Jen went to Versailles to explore the chateau. It was a beautiful, sunny day, so a great one for pictures at Versailles! I helped her practice a few French phrases so that she could get her picture taken and find her way around, but I'm pretty sure she managed without them. We met back at the house that afternoon and went to see Slumdog Millionnaire in the tiny VOX cinema in Rambouillet. Jen got introduced to sweet vs. salty popcorn and kit kat balls in a cave-like little theater - red, velvety seats, big-screen TV and all. I was sure to introduce her to all of the area's gems ;)
Sunday, Jen came with me to church, but only after going back to my Parisian cafe for more coffee where the owner recognized us from the day before. Were we that bizarre and memorable? ha. Following church, we walked along the Seine some and hopped on the metro to L'As du Falafel....my amazing favorite falafel place in the Marais. Again, it was delicious and Jen became a falafel convert. The hustle and bustle of the convivial falafel place had us ready to shop and walk around the Marais.
Lots of love to everyone at home :)
(from the "I love you" wall in Montmartre...)
No comments:
Post a Comment