This past week
end I took a road trip with the family to pick up their new puppy, Bambou! We started in Geneva, Switzerland, and worked our way back toward Par
is, stopping in Annecy and the French Alps. We stayed at a little bed and breakfast in the mountains and drove into Annecy for some family business and hiking! The lake and mountains were absolutely breathtaking. Annecy is nicknamed "Little Venice" for its quaint canals, and it definitely reminded me of Venice - exceptions: gorgeous mountains
, no odor. The lake is clear, cool, and tranquil
. I loved the swans gracefully gliding through the water, adding to the air of serenity in Annecy. The town is so picturesque and perfect. I think it would be a difficult feat for anyone not to fall in love with this place!
Hiking in the Alps was incredible! The views
After our Alpine excursion, it was time to pick up
All in all, the mini-vacation was a great sojourn outside of the Paris area - a wonderful chance to see more of France, as well as a great chance to spend more time with the family and bond with the kids. Here are some pictures from the Alps, though there are so many other amazing ones...it was really difficult to choose!
3 comments:
Ok... now I am officially jealous!
ahhhhhhh, all the breath taking scenery and all I can see is the Berner!!!!!!! Both Samson and Jake were big fur balls, too! Wait until he starts sitting on your feet and leaning on you!!!(all 100 pounds of him!!!!!:))
A. Barb
While you were traipsing through those woods and pastures did you remember your great-great-grandfather was Swiss and that history records the family's presence in Switzerland at least as far back as the 15th century? Or was it the 13th century? Either way, "a few" years. That blood connection must be the reason my heart lurches every time I see pictures of the Alps!
Aunt Betty
Post a Comment